UPSPaint project has born from the main challenges of the Painting/Decorating sector that UNIEP has identified in the lack of young people entering the profession, of quality in education/training and of knowledge of market innovation by contractors and training institutes. The necessity is therefore to improve the image of the sector for young people but at the same time also for adults. The main needs the project is trying to face can be sum up in few principal aspects:
- Need to update skills and competences taking into consideration new techniques, environmentally friendly and safe products
- Necessity in the requalification of adults
- Validation of formal and informal learning giving value to the life experiences and what people have learnt
UPSPaint project’s objective is the recognition of prior learning of adults, migrants and refugees coming from all sector, to give to the painting trade the people with the right competences to fulfil the labour market needs. The goal is to develop a structured validation system, including methodology, processes, tools, guidelines to trainers to be tested with professionals working in the field.
- Update the Painter/Varnisher qualification (EQF level 3 and 4) with digital and greening aspects
- Report on migrants painting labour market integration – state of art and good practices
- Report on the needs/opportunities of informal learning in the sector
- Scheme on the sectoral validation of non-formal/informal learning for the Painter/Varnisher qualification (EQF level 3 and 4): methodology and support tools
- Guidelines to teachers and trainers to apply methodology and tools to the validation procedures
All the results will be validated by the industry through National Validation Workshops (in Belgium and Italy), Dissemination events (in each partner country), testing the tools with the employees of the partner companies and a transnational workshop to validate the guidelines with teachers and trainers.
- Better match skills-labour demand
- Promoting transferability of skills between companies and sector and supporting mobility across the labour market
- Fight social exclusion for disadvantaged categories
UPSPaint will be a tool for unemployed, unqualified, migrants and refugees adults to get a recognition of their prior learning restarting a career in the Painting sector.
Download here the Project Summary for more info Download